Valerie Brown, Meagan Conroy, Lori Brodie, Robin Rarick, James Rossler, Jr.
A recent financial audit of Rossford Schools by the Auditor of the State’s office has returned a clean audit report. Rossford School’s excellent record keeping has earned it the Auditor of the State Award. Out of nearly 6,000 entities fewer than 8 percent are even eligible for this award.
The Auditor of the State Award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit. Entities that receive the award meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The entity must file timely financial reports with the Auditor of the State’s office in accordance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- The audit report does not contain any findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Single Audit findings or questioned costs;
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records